Hearty Broccoli Salad
Follow Karen's fantastic recipes @alowcarblowsugarlifestyle
Picnics, parties, anything! This healthy and hearty salad is simple and delicious!
- 2 large heads of brocolli cut into small florets
- ¼ cup pepita seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sugar free dried cranberries
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion -can be switched for spring onions
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese- or vegan cheese
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts -optional but a great protein boost
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds -optional but a great calcium boost
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons ACV apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Naturally Sweet Stevia Blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the broccoli, onion, cheese, cranberries, nuts and seeds to a large salad serving bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until all of the broccoli is lightly coated in dressing.
- Salad will will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
Omit sweetener and use sweetener of choice such as honey, coconut sugar or an alternative sweetener.Add edamame or pan fried firm tofu for an additional nutritional boost.There is the option to blanch your brocolli in boiling water for about 3 minutes and then plunge into cold water and drain before adding, for a slightly softer texture.
Serving: 1serve | Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 2.1gNote that we calculate our own nutritional values so they may not be precise. Calculate your own if desired. Carb values exclude sugar alcohols such as Erythritol, as they generally have no impact on blood sugar levels. 50% of the carbs from Xylitol is added to nutritional values. This is consistent with industry practice.