Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting Recipe
Make any day special using this Sugar Free Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting Recipe. Vanilla is a delicate flavor that is creamy, sweet and smells heavenly. This recipe makes use of Naturally Sweet Xylitol to bring you the lovely flavor of vanilla without the sugar of other cupcake recipes.
Vanilla Cupcake Ingredients
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cups Naturally Sweet Xylitol
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350
- Line 12 regular-size (2 1/2-in. diam) muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat butter, Naturally Sweet Xylitol, baking powder and salt in a large bowl on high speed 1 minute or until well blended. Add eggs; beat 2 minutes or until fluffy. On low speed beat in milk and vanilla (batter may look curdled), then flour just until blended.
- Spoon scant 1/4 cup into each muffin cup, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in centers of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing from pan to rack.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining batter. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting and decorating.
- Unfrosted cupcakes can be stored covered at room temperature up to a day, or frozen in an airtight container up to a month. Thaw before frosting. Once frosted and chilled, they can be refrigerated, very loosely covered, up to 2 days.
Vanilla Buttercream Icing Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks or ½ pound), softened (but not melted!) Ideal texture should be like ice cream.
- 3-4 cups Naturally Sweet Xylitol Icing Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- up to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of Naturally Sweet Xylitol Icing Sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so it doesn’t blow everywhere) until the Xylitol Icing Sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes.
- If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar.
- If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.
Recipe Courtesy XylitolCanada.com