1/2 cup dried hibiscus tea
3/4 cup boiling water
juice from one lemon
1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
3/4 cups Xylitol Icing Mix
500 mls Organic Coconut milk
1- 2 stalks lemongrass, (whole stalks) finely sliced
1. In a pan on the stove, combine coconut milk and lemongrass; bring to a SLOW gentle simmer; simmer three minutes. Turn off heat; allow to warm.
2. When lemongrass milk mixture is warm, transfer half of the milk and “most” of the lemongrass into a blender; pulse for 30 seconds.
3. Transfer back into lemongrass milk mixture and allow to completely cool.
4. In boiling water, add dried hibiscus tea; Take off heat and allow to seap 15 minutes.
5. Strain through fine sieve; completely cool.
6. In a stand mixer add hibiscus tea, icing sugar; whisk until dissolved.
7. Whisk in cooled lemongrass milk about ten minutes or until it forms soft peaks.
8. Pour mixture into an airtight container and freeze overnight. When you pour the mixture into the container, with the back of a spoon, make sure all the air bubbles are out or mixture will freeze with air bubbles in the ice cream.