50g sugar free cocoa powder
190g Naturally Sweet Xylitol
140g smooth sugar free peanut butter
2Tbs sugar free chestnut puree*
1.5tsp vanilla extract
1. Grind the Naturally Sweet Xylitol to a fine powder in a coffee grinder/nut mill. This step is optional but makes for a finer-textured truffle. Alternatively, use Naturally Sweet Xylitol Icing Sugar.
2. Mix together the chocolate powder and Naturally Sweet Xylitol.
3. Add the vanilla extract, nut butter and chestnut puree.
4. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients, either by hand or in a food processor.
5. Add the water, a little at a time, until you’ve got a doughy consistency that can easily be rolled into balls.
6. Roll the mixture into balls and coat in Naturally Sweet Xylitol or chocolate powder.
Tip: You can flavour these truffles – orange for instance works really well. Some supermarkets stock orange flavouring, otherwise use a few drops of orange essential oil. You can also experiment with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne or chili.
*Chestnut puree can be bought from selected delis, supermarkets and health food shops. Check that it is sugar free before buying.