Ingredients for the Scone
2 cups baking flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ cup Naturally Sweet Products Xylitol
½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
90 grams Western Star unsalted spreadable butter
¾ cups La Vera ricotta cheese
½ cup thickened cream
1 cup fresh cherries, pitted, slightly chopped for texture
Ingredients for the Glaze
¼ cup Naturally Sweet Products Sweet Icing Sugar
1 tablespoon water
flour for dusting
oil spray (optional)
1. Pre heat oven to 200C.
2. In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, Naturally Sweet Products Xylitol and salt.
3. Add spreadable butter and combine.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured flat surface. With floured hands, add cherries into the dough and gently knead until the dough is mostly smooth and comes together. Do not over knead.
5. In a pie tin, mould scones to desired size and shape. Baking time may vary depending on tin used.
6. Bake 15 - 20 minutes until lightly golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from stove and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
8. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over scones.
Feel free to substitute equal amounts of sugar for Naturally Sweet Products Xylitol.