Raspberry Cream Chia Pudding
Another wonderful recipe from @emmswason!
These Raspberry Cream Chia Puddings are the perfect consistency. Light, fresh, luscious, creamy, subtly sweet and just all kinds of wonderful.
Not to mention super healthy! Rich in antioxidants, packed with protein, high in calcium, fibre, magnesium and those all-important omega 3s!
Spiked with a hint of vanilla and finished with a quick and easy smashed raspberry jam.
Vanilla cream chia pudding
- 2/1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut/Greek style yoghurt (or extra milk but won’t be as creamy)
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Stevia Drops
- A pinch of salt
For the smashed raspberry jam
- 1 cup of raspberries, mashed roughly with a fork to make a jam
- Optional but recommended for serving - Vanilla Yoghurt (dairy or non-dairy is fine)
- Place milk and chia seeds (and optional extras, if using) into a small bowl or jug and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, (I do mine overnight). Make sure you go and give it a little stir every now and again to remove any lumps and just to make sure those cheeky little chia seeds haven’t settled into a clump at the bottom of the bowl.
- Once your pudding is nice and thick, taste and adjust sweetness. If necessary, you could add a little maple syrup, honey or vanilla if you like your pudding on the sweeter side, but I thought it was perfect just as it was.
- To serve layer evenly between 3-4 bowls or cute little mason jars. Mashed raspberries then chia pudding then top with coconut yogurt (or yogurt of choice) and pile on some extra raspberries and garnish with fresh mint if you’re feeling fancy. Devour!
Made with just a handful of ingredients that you probably have on hand already. It comes together in 1 bowl in a matter of minutes! Simply → mix → chill → smash → assemble → devour!
These puds can also be made ahead of time, so you can whip up a batch at the start of the week (or whenever you get your meal prep on) and have them ready to grab and go whenever the need arises!
Optional add ins.
- 1-2 scoops of unflavoured collagen – for an extra boost of protein and gut healing goodness
- 1 scoop protein powder – for extra protein (vanilla or unflavoured would work best in this recipe). If adding protein powder you may want to add an extra 1/4 cup water