6 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt (divided for use)
1/4 cup sugar (divided for use)
16 ounces orange juice concentrate, defrosted
20 drops SteviaClear® Liquid Stevia Sweet Drops™
1/4 teaspoon dried orange peel
Nonstick spray for the soufflé dish
1. Separate the eggs, placing yolks in a small bowl and the whites In a large one. Beat the yolk until smooth. Cover both bowls tightly with plastic wrap and leave out at room temperature for several hours.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Drizzle in about a quarter of the orange juice concentrate, and whisk until the dry ingredients are completely dissolved. In a medium saucepan, whisk this mixture in with the remaining orange juice concentrate, the SteviaClear® Liquid Stevia Sweet Drops™, and the orange peel. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until it begins to thicken (about 5-8 minutes). Drizzle in the beaten egg yolks, whisking constantly. Cook for about 3 minutes longer, remove from heat, let stand until mixture has cooled to room temperature (about 45 minutes).
3. Preheat over to 177°C. Spray a standard soufflé dish with nonstick spray.
4. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer at high speed until they become opaque. Sprinkle in the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and resume beating until the whites form stiff peaks. Add one spoonful of the whites to the cooked mixture, and fold it in gently with a rubber spatula to lighten things up. Using the same spatula, add the orange mixture to the beaten egg whites in dollops, folding gently from the bottom of the bowl as you go. Fold until mostly blended without over-mixing. It does not need to be uniform.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared dish and bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.