1 cup self-rising flour, sifted
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Naturally Sweet Xylitol (feel free to substitute sugar)
80 ml thickened cream
60 ml full cream milk
extra thicken cream for brushing
extra flour for floured surface
jam of choice (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cream, salt and sugar until combined.
2. Make a well in the middle and pour in milk; whisk until combined.
3. Remove dough from bowl onto floured surface; knead slightly so dough is smooth.
4. Roll dough to 1 inch thick; using cutter, form mini scones; place dough on a flat tray with lightly oil sprayed baking paper.
5. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
7. Remove and place on wire rack to cool before adding jam and cream.