Low Carb Sugar Free Crepes
Follow Karen's fantastic recipes @alowcarblowsugarlifestyle
These delicious low carb crepes are really quick and easy to make. Not only are they sugar free but they are also made from really simple ingredients.
Most of you will have almond flour, cream cheese, and eggs in your pantry and if not they are easily sourced, so they make a fabulous breakfast or dessert option. Need the perfect topping? How about our scrumptious sugar free Nutellla Recipe!
Ingredients (8 crepes)
- 70 grams almond flour
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener or erythritol or sweetener of choice. Adjust to suit taste
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 70 mls almond milk or nut milk of choice
- In a mixing bowl microwave the cream cheese for about 30-60 seconds to make it soft. Mix in the eggs. Finally add the milk, almond meal and salt and beat until combined. This can be done by hand or with a blender/beater.
- Heat a frying pan up to medium heat temperature. Add a dab of butter. The butter should melt quickly but not brown. Swirl the pan to distribute the butter then pour in 1/4 cup portion of the batter. Swirl the pan around for the batter to form a bread and butter plate size crepe.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes ensuring it has browned sufficiently before flipping and cooking for about another 2 minutes on the other side. Do not flip your crepes too early or they will fall apart. Add a dab of butter to the pan in between cooking each crepe. If butter burns the pan is too hot.
- Top or fill your crepes with your favourite topping and/or filling. Try our sugar free Nutella.
Make sure the cream cheese is really soft (microwave or sit in a bowl of hot water if you need to) especially if you don’t want to use electric beaters.
Make sure you spread the batter as thinly as you can so you end up with large thin crepes instead of pancakes.Grease the pan liberally with butter before cooking each crepe but don't burn the butter or the pan will be too hot and cook too quickly.
Store any leftovers crepes in an airtight container in the refrigerator so they don't dry out for up to 3 days. The best way to reheat crepes is by zapping briefly in the microwave. Alternatively wrap in foil and heat in a medium oven until they have warmed up. You can also reheat in hot pan quickly but ensure that you don’t dry them out.
Serving: 1crepe | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 1gNote that we calculate our own nutritional values so they may not be precise. Calculate your own if desired. Carb values exclude sugar alcohols such as Erythritol, as they generally have no impact on blood sugar levels. 50% of the carbs from Xylitol is added to nutritional values. This is consistent with industry practice.