Ketohh Low Carb Asian Beef Zoodle Salad
Follow our fantastic recipes @alowcarblowsugarlifestyle #ketohh
You are just going to love this light summer dish, the perfect salad for these long hot days!
- 500 gms /17.5 oz rump steak
- 1 tablespoon EVOO extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Monk Fruit Blend
- 1 Lebanese cucumber halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum/pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 4 small zucchinis zoodled enough for 4 serves
- 2 teaspoons Tamari
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons Monk Fruit Blend
- 1-2 small red chilli's thinly sliced or to taste
- 3-4 Kaffir lime leaf very thinly sliced
- Chopped coriander to taste garnish
Sprinkle the curry powder and Monk Fruit Blend on both sides of the steak.
Add the Tamari and oil and marinade the steak for a couple of hours.
Cook the steak so that it is medium rare, or to taste and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
Meanwhile blanch the zoodles by covering them with boiling hot water for 5 minutes.
Drain them and rinse with cold water. Note do not boil them!
Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing.
Combine all of the salad ingredients including the zoodles (or alternative) in a large mixing bowl.
Mix the steak and dressing gently through the zoodles mixture.
Garnish with chopped coriander and additional unsalted peanuts if desired.
Use vinegar, rice wine vinegar or lemon juice instead of lime juice. Only add 3 tablespoons of these replacements and taste before adding the last tablespoon.
This dish can be vegetarian, by switching the beef for firm fried tofu and bean sprouts. The beef can also be switched for chicken, duck or turkey.
Use Hokkein noodles, or a zoodle and Hokkein blend, if carbs aren't an issue. Konjac or Shirataki noodles can also be used for another low carb option.