Ice Cream Celebration Cake
Follow our fantastic recipes @alowcarblowsugarlifestyle
This Ice Cream Celebration Cake is perfect for a special occasion such as a birthday or Christmas. Make it as it is for a wonderful combination of chocolate, vanilla and strawberries, or tweak it using your own creative flair. Features a rich chocolate biscuit crumb base topped with vanilla and strawberry ice cream.
Ingredients (18 serves)
Rich Chocolate Biscuit Base
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder/dutch processed cocoa
- 3 tablespoons erythritol powdered, or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powdered optional but recommended
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams dark chocolate
- 50 grams butter
- A pinch of salt
Strawberry Cream Cheese Ice Cream Layer-or ice cream of choice
- 1 batch Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Ice Cream made 12 hours prior or 1 lt/34 oz store bought option
Vanilla Ice Cream Layer- or ice cream of choice
- 1 batch Vanilla No Churn Ice Cream made 12 hours prior or 1 lt/34 oz store bought option
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and quartered
- Optional extras- add additional chopped dark choc chips, sugar free sweets such as sugar free jubes, chocolate coated dried berries etc.
- Prepare both of the ice creams according to instructions approximately 12 hours prior to constructing your cake or buy 2 tubs of your favorite sugar free ice cream.
- Make the chocolate biscuit base by lining a 9" spring pan base with baking paper. Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Melt the chocolate and the butter together and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well and press the chocolate biscuit base into your prepared pan. Allow to set in the fridge for about 30 minutes prior to beginning the construction of your cake.
- Remove the vanilla ice cream (or preferred base flavour) from the freezer. Scoop out about 3/4's of the ice cream and allow it to soften on the bench until you can mix through your strawberries (and other additions if selected). Fold through gently to prevent staining. If the ice cream is soft enough you can just poke the berries through the ice cream.
- Spoon the vanilla layer onto your biscuit base, smoothing out the top, and place in the freezer until it is firm enough to add another layer. Cover with cling wrap or foil to prevent the ice cream from icing up. This could take anywhere from 2-4 hours.
- Once the vanilla layer has firmed up enough to add another layer, remove the strawberry ice cream from the freezer and allow it to defrost just enough so that you can scoop it out and spread it with a spatula. Remove the ice cream cake from the freezer to add the layer when the strawberry ice cream is soft enough and spread out evenly on top with a spatula.
- Return the cake to the freezer for another 3-4 hours or until it has frozen firmly. Make sure you cover the ice cream cake to prevent it icing up.
To Serve Your Ice Cream Cake
- Remove the cake from the freezer just prior to serving. If it is freshly made you may not need to let it rest but if it is too firm you may need to let it rest for 5-15 minutes prior to slicing.
- Garnish the top of the cake with dark chocolate chips, fresh, frozen or dried berries, shards of dark chocolate, chocolate coated nuts or berries. You can also create a chocolate drizzle with 60 grams/2 oz of dark chocolate that has been melted with a teaspoon of coconut oil added. Allow the chocolate drizzle to cool before drizzling over the cake just prior to serving.
- To refreeze leftovers, make sure you seal the cake it so that it doesn't ice up. I like to wrap it in clingwrap with a layer of foil on top.
Use ice cream of choice in the different layers.Use sugar free lollies/sweets, white or dark chocolate, chocolate coated nuts and fruit, chocolate bars, jubes, fresh fruit such as raspberries, blackberries, cranberries and blueberries, frozen fruit or freeze dried fruit of choice to add to the vanilla ice cream layer.You can add the strawberry ice cream layer as a swirl ice cream or follow the method in the recipe to make the ice cream a more consistent strawberry colour. Both layers look brilliant when the cake is constructed.
Serving: 1serve of 18 | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Fiber: 1gNote that we calculate our own nutritional values so they may not be precise. Calculate your own if desired. Carb values exclude sugar alcohols such as Erythritol, as they generally have no impact on blood sugar levels. 50% of the carbs from Xylitol is added to nutritional values. This is consistent with industry practice.