Gut Friendly Strawberry Gummies
Recipe thanks to Alicia of @feedthatblond
These gummies are seriously easy to make. Think back to making jelly as a child but only preservative, colouring and crap free! A great lunchbox addition for kids too!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 tsp monk fruit extract
- 2 cups filtered water
Combine water with gelatin and set aside to 'bloom'. It will turn into a jelly like consistency.
Add strawberries, lemon juice and monk fruit to a high speed blender with any extra add ins like acai powder and blend until smooth.
Pour the strawberry mixture into a saucepan and gently stir over a low heat.
Add gelatin to the saucepan and continue stirring until it dissolves.
Once the gelatin has dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes before pouring into moulds.
Set in the frige for 3-4 hours, remove from the moulds and store in the fridge for one week or the freezer for a couple of months.
- You can replace monk fruit sweetener with 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey.
- Feel free to replace the lemon juice with lime juice for strawberry daquiri vibes!
- You can substitute water for coconut water or kombucha.
- Additional add ins you might want to add include:
- probiotic capsules (just open the caps and pour the powder in to the blender)
- liver capsules (an absolute powerhouse of nutrients)
- Vitamin C or kakadu plum powder