Everyone loves the smell of warm bread, try this super easy muffin bread recipe, add your favourite topping and enjoy!
• 2½ cups bread flour
• 1 sachet dry yeast (7 grams)
• ½ tablespoon Naturally Sweet Xylitol
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 1¼ cups milk, heated to 120 degrees
• Polenta, finely ground, to sprinkle and dust with
1. Lightly grease an 8×4 loaf pan and sprinkle with Polenta.
2. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. In saucepan on stove, heat milk to 120 degrees.
4. With mixer on low, pour milk slowly into mixer, continuing to mix on medium speed until dough comes away from the bowl.
5. Lightly grease a spatula. Transfer dough to prepared loaf tin, spreading to all ends.
6. Lightly sprinkle with Polenta and cover with plastic wrap. Let set for 90 minutes in a warm spot. Remove plastic prior to baking.
7. Preheat oven to 180C. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow bread to cool in pan before turning onto a wire rack or cutting board.
8. Serve as desired with butter or jam.
9. Store remaining bread in airtight container.
The dough appears sticky, a lightly greased rubber spatula is a good suggestion