• 2 large carrots weighing approx. 300gr
• 1 cup SR Gluten free flour (I use Orgran Brand)
• ¼ cup Plain Gluten free flour
• 1 Tsp Bi-carb soda
• 1 Tsp cinnamon
• 1 Tsp nutmeg
• 1 Tsp guar gum
• ½ cup Naturally Sweet Xylitol
• 1 cup roughly chopped raisins
• 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup Rice bran oil
• 2 cups Naturally Sweet Xylitol Icing sugar
• 2 tabs Tofu cream cheese (I use Torfutti brand)
• Grated rind on 1 lemon
• 3-4 tabs freshly squeezed lemon juice
Pre heat oven to 160 deg (I use a fan forced oven)
Line a 23x13 cm loaf tine with baking paper
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Grate the carrot to make up 2 cups and add to flour mixture. In separate bowl beat eggs.
Add oil and mix well together. Add to flour mixture
Place onto prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes or till cooked remove from tin and when cool ice with lemon icing
Combine icing sugar cream cheese and lemon rind.
Add enough lemon juice to make an icing consistency.