Microwave Bread Recipe
This entry was posted on November 22, 2014
- 100 grams Self-rising flour, sifted
- 75 grams milk
- 8 grams butter
- 1 gram Pink Himalayan salt
- 4 grams instant yeast
- 9 grams Naturally Sweet Xylitol (see Notes)
- 25 grams sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic, peeled
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- Nigella seeds (optional but recommended; can use sesame seeds)
- Oil spray
- In mini chopper, blender of food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and Parmesan cheese; combine well until smooth; set aside.
- In a microwave bowl, add milk and butter; microwave for 30 seconds making sure butter has melted. (see Notes)
- With a fork, beat mixture; should be warm, not hot.
- Add 35 grams of sifted flour, salt, xylitol, and yeast; combine.
- In a bowl, combine sun-dried tomato, garlic and Parmesan mixture with remaining flour; mix with back of a fork until well combined; mixture should look like small sands pebbles.
- Add this flour mixture to sifted flour, salt, xylitol and yeast combination; combine well with fork; do not knead!
- Cover mixture (so is tucked in) with lightly oiled baking paper; microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and roll mixture into 4 balls; cover each ball with lightly sprayed baking paper.
- Cover all four balls with warm, dampened cloth for 10 minutes; wrap all sides.
- Open each ball, press down middle; reshape into balls; re cover with lightly oiled baking paper and place into microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave; sprinkle with Nigella seeds; gently press onto top of dough; slightly knead so dough is smooth; do not over knead!
- Pre heat oven to 190C.
- Place dough balls on baking paper; baked for about 10 minutes or until bread rolls are brown and can tap the top to make sure the bread is done.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
The original recipe by Pepper Bento - Yakitate!! Japan Microwave Sesame Seeded bread Recipe. Original recipe uses sugar. Microwave times may vary.