- 125 g butter
- 2 slices white bread
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Naturally Sweet Xylitol
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup fruit pieces (fresh or tinned)
- 40 g (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1. Grease a 33cm x 24 cm baking dish.
2. Butter the bread and cut each slice into 2 triangles. Place in baking dish and pour the milk over. Allow to soak for 1 hour (or less if the bread is not stale).
3. Preheat the oven to 160C. Whisk together the eggs, Xylitol and vanilla and then stir in the coconut.
4. Drain the fruit if using tinned fruit, and add to the soaked bread. Pour the egg mixture onto the bread carefully. Sprinkle the top with the cubes of butter.
5. Cover the pudding with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove the foil, return the pudding to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden and crispy. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.