A diabetic friendly muffin recipe that everyone can enjoy !
- 1 cup Naturally Sweet Xylitol
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- zest from one lemon; adjust for personal taste
- ½ cup milk
- Oil spray
- In a stand up mixer, cream together xylitol and butter.
- Add eggs, ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest until well combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pre-heat oven to 350C.
- Oil spray mini muffin pan.
- Baked for about 10 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
Baking time will differ depending on what size muffin tray/pan you use.
HINT AND TIP:
Fresh lime zest can be used as a substitute for lemon zest