Try this delicious Banana Bread. We LOVE it.
- 125 grams milk free margarine (I used Nutlex brand)
- ½ cup Naturally Sweet Xylitol
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 large bananas (approx. 490 grams) peeled and mashed
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1 cup plain gluten free flour
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts (any nut will do but I prefer walnuts or pecans)
- 2 tabs glycerine
Line a 13x23 cm loaf tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 160 deg fan forced.
Cream Nutlex, Vanilla and Xylitol till light and creamy, add beaten eggs and glycerine. Add mashed banana alternately with the flours and walnuts. Mix well and place into prepared loaf tin and bake in preheated oven for approx. 55-60 minutes.
Leave in tin for a couple of minutes to cool, remove and place on cooling rack till completely cool.
To serve, slice and spread with butter or margarine depending on your choice.
Sue Litchfield (Hypoglycemic Association - http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au/)