1½ cups self-rising flour, sifted
½ cup almond meal, sifted
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
170 grams butter, softened
1 cup Naturally Sweet Xylitol (see Notes)
¾ cup avocado
½ teaspoon pure vanilla powder
¼ cup milk
2 heaped tablespoons plain yogurt (see Notes)
2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
oil spray (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 160C.
2. In a large bowl, add flour, almond meal, salt, baking powder, baking soda; mix to combine; set aside.
3. In a stand up mixer, combine butter and sugar until well combined.
4. Add the avocado; mix until well combined.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating in between each egg until combined.
6. Add vanilla powder;mix until combined.
7. With a wooden spoon, combine half of the flour mixture, stir gently, then add milk and yogurt then remaining flour mixture until combined.
8. In a separate bowl, place half the mixture and add the cocoa powder until well combined.
9. Line a loaf tin with baking paper lightly sprayed.
10. Spoon dollops of each of the mixtures until done.
11. Bang the tin on the counter tip. (see Notes)
12. Bake for about 40 - 50 minutes until the top is brown and toothpick comes out smooth.
13. Remove from oven, place on wire rack to cool.
Feel free to substitute caster sugar for Naturally Sweet Xylitol
If wish a healthier dessert, make sure your yogurt does not contain any sugar, fruit or natural added sugar as it is still sugar
For smoother consistency, I used hot water on the back of a spoon to remove any air bubbles and made the surface smooth for consistent baking.