- 1 cup pistachios, ground
- 1/8 cup allspice
- 2 cups Naturally Sweet Xylitol
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of lemon/lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
1. Pre heat oven to 180C. Grease and flour a 10 inch fluted tube pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine nuts and allspice; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whish together xylitol, oil, zest and eggs; set aside.
4. In a blender, combine yoghurt and ricotta until smooth. Add in lemon/lime juice and vanilla; combine until smooth.
5. In another bowl, combine sifted flour and baking powder.
6. Stir flour mixture into Xylitol mixture, add yoghurt mixture and stir until combined.
7. Pour 2/3 of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with ground pistachios. Spoon remaining batter over nuts.
8. Bake 40 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove and let cool completely.